Vitamin K: A Review of Everything You Need to Know
Please like, subscribe, comment and share!
1. It’s an essential, fat soluble protein
2. Primary function in body is to stop bleeding via the coagulation cascade
3. Appears to have other benefits, especially with diseases of bone mineral density.
4. Deficiency results in increased risk of bleeding, but is not an issue in most people
5. Primary dietary sources are dark green and/or leafy green vegetables.
Vitamin K plays a crucial role in coagulation and blood clotting. It may also help with brittle bone diseases like osteoporosis, osteopenia, osteoarthritis, fractures, bone mineral density. It may help with cardiovascular disease, heart attack and myocardial infarction. PT INR can measure its’ effectiveness.