Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking go to charity).
DESCRIPTION: The safe dose of vitamin D supplements to get most of the population to the optimal level is 2,000 i.u. a day, but the elderly and overweight may need more.
After all that work plowing through the new science and the same 2,000 iu/day recommendation I made in 2011 remains. http://nutritionfacts.org/2011/09/12/dr-gregers-2011-optimum-nutrition-recommendations/
If you missed the first two videos in this series, see:
• Do Vitamin D Supplements Help with Diabetes, Weight Loss, and Blood Pressure (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/do-vit-D-supplements-help-with-diabetes-weight-loss-and-blood-pressure)
• Will You Live Longer if You Take Vitamin D Supplements? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/will-you-live-longer-if-you-take-vitamin-D-supplements)
And I wrap up with:
• The Optimal Dose of Vitamin D Based on Natural Levels (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-optimal-dose-of-vitamin-D-based-on-natural-levels)
• The Best Way to Get Vitamin D: Sun, Supplements, or Salons? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-best-way-to-get-vitamin-D-sun-supplements-or-salons)
• The Risks and Benefits of Sensible Sun Exposure (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-risks-and-benefits-of-sensible-sun-exposure)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-much-vitamin-d-should-you-take and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://http://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate