Might disrupting the fiber by blending fruit result in overly rapid sugar absorption?
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free newsletter at https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and receive recipes developed by the NF staff that will fuel your fitness goals.
So here’s where we are in the 5-part smoothie series: In the first video Are Green Smoothies Good for You? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-green-smoothies-good-for-you) I talked about the enhanced nutrient availability absorption. Then in Are Green Smoothies Bad for You? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-green-smoothies-bad-for-you) I raised the questions about teary-eyed gut flora and intact grains, beans, and nuts. Next comes Liquid Calories: Do Smoothies Lead to Weight Gain? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/liquid-calories-do-smoothies-lead-to-weight-gain) and finally, The Downside of Green Smoothies (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-downside-of-green-smoothies).
The berry experiment I start out discussing is detailed in this video: If Fructose is Bad, What About Fruit? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/if-fructose-is-bad-what-about-fruit) Is there any limit to whole fruit, though? See How Much Fruit is Too Much? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-much-fruit-is-too-much/)
Fructose bad? See:
• Apple Juice May Be Worse Than Sugar Water (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/apple-juice-may-be-worse-than-sugar-water/) (though there is one Fruit Whose Juice Is Healthier http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-fruit-whose-juice-is-healthier/)
• How Much Added Sugar Is Too Much? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-much-added-sugar-is-too-much/)
• Big Sugar Takes on the World Health Organization (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/big-sugar-takes-on-the-world-health-organization/)
Since just digesting food creates free radicals, we better be sure the food we eat is packed with antioxidants:
• Minimum “Recommended Daily Allowance” of Antioxidants (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/minimum-recommended-daily-allowance-of-antioxidants/)
• How to Reach the Antioxidant “RDA” (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-reach-the-antioxidant-rda/)
• Antioxidant Rich Foods with Every Meal (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/antioxidant-rich-foods-with-every-meal/)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/green-smoothies-what-does-the-science-say and he’ll try to answer it!
Images thanks to Garsya via CanStockPhoto.
• Subscribe: https://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• NEW BOOK – How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: https://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast: https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/