Smoking has been very rampant these days. A lot of people of all ages have been practicing this recreational drug use without noticing that they are already addicted to it. Cigarette smoke contains approximately four thousand chemicals and 200 of which are known to be toxic. To stop smoking once you get hooked can be very difficult, but it is possible. There are a few things to consider why you have to quit smoking:
- Think about quitting. If you have the willpower and the mindset to stop smoking, you will and you can. However, it takes a lot of discipline for you to be able to reach your goal.
- Effects of smoking. If you think of the possible effects that smoking can do to you and your future, you will make an extra effort to try to quit smoking. Smoking does not only cause lung diseases but it also causes psychological symptoms due to addiction and substance use.
- Preparing to quit smoking. The first step to quitting is planning and preparing how to quit smoking. You need to prepare yourself physically, mentally and emotionally to determine your goals, discover your reasons for quitting and get rid of the temptations that may hinder you to stop smoking.
- Stay a quitter. Usually, most of the persons who start to quit would after sometime get back to their smoking habits. They would find themselves craving for nicotine in their system.
Once you are motivated and determined to stop smoking, it will be easy for you to slowly quit this bad habit. As soon as you have stopped smoking, you can now start to learn how to detoxify your lungs. Lung detoxification is helpful for those people who have been smoking and for those who have been exposed to so much pollution which are harmful to the lungs. The most recommended lung detoxification advice is to stop smoking since it allows your lungs to heal and expand properly which allows you to breathe effectively. Listed below are a few ways of lung detoxification:
- Breathing exercises. Deep breathing is considered to be the most helpful exercise for your lungs.
- Lotus root. This is a herb which you can buy in powder form. You can make a lotus root tea by adding one tablespoon of powder to one cup of water; let it boil. This herb is known to be a good detox to your lungs.
- Steam inhalation. Inhale steam with 3-5 drops of essential oils such as thyme, rosemary and eucalyptus.
- Choose what is right. Eating the right combination of foods, dietary supplements and taking the right vitamins improves your health thus helps in detoxifying you lungs.
- Vitamin C. Taking 3-6 grams of vitamin C daily aids in detoxifying nicotine from your system.
Detoxify Your Lungs and Quit Smoking by Howard Guy