Natural Home Remedies For Fast Hair Growth & Thickness
Remedy For Baldness & Hair Regrowth
Having long, thick, and lustrous locks is a cherished desire of many. This makes the problems of thinning hair or hair loss very upsetting for some people, women and men alike.
Common causes of hair loss include nutritional deficiencies, hormonal imbalance, stress, use of improper hairstyles, heating tools, chemical-laden hair products, genetics, and various other reasons.But you need not worry.
There are some home remedies that can help nourish your hair and promote new growth. These remedies will prove to be highly effective if you follow them regularly for at least a month.
1. Scalp Massage and Hot Oil Treatment
Massaging your scalp helps improve circulation and hence stimulates hair growth, and you only need to do it for about five minutes daily to see results. Just rub your fingers on your scalp in a circular motion, applying gentle pressure and kneading occasionally to open up the blood vessels and increase blood flow.
* Massaging can also be combined with a hot oil treatment once or twice a week. Heat some coconut or olive oil in a microwave or a double-boiler. Heating it will help it penetrate the hair shaft easily and also reduce dandruff.
Rosemary is an excellent herb for your hair. It promotes growth of long hair, strengthens the roots, and eliminates dandruff. The herb has antioxidant properties that boost hair growth. In addition, the sulfur and silica content in rosemary helps reverse hair loss.
Rosemary will help increase circulation to the scalp and unclog blocked hair follicles. Furthermore, it can help darken your hair.
* Mix two drops of rosemary essential oil in two tablespoons of a base oil such as olive, coconut, jojoba, almond or avocado oil. Apply it on your hair and massage the scalp. Leave it on for at least half an hour and then shampoo your hair as usual.
3. Castor Oil
Castor oil facilitates hair growth because it is rich in omega-9 fatty acids and vitamin E. The thick oil moisturizes your hair, adds volume, prevents frizzing, and also fights scalp infections.
* It is best to mix castor oil with an equal amount of a base oil to get a better consistency and enhance the benefits. Rub it on your scalp and massage. Leave it on for 30 to 45 minutes. Finally, rinse it out and shampoo your hair. If it is difficult to remove, use a clarifying shampoo.
Hair is made up of keratin protein and eggs are a great source of protein. Thus, they are highly beneficial in helping your hair grow.
* Whisk two egg yolks and mix in two tablespoons of olive oil. Apply the mixture on your scalp and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse it out with cold water and then shampoo your hair as usual.