Pimples are major problem on our skin especially when there is too much redness. A lot of people want to know how to reduce redness of pimples. I can show you how by just following my tips as you go through the article.
Pimples are primarily caused by being unhygienic. It can also be caused by dirt and dead skin cells that clogs on pore that leads to acne. The redness follows when attention is not given. Sometimes, acne is caused by the hormones in our body. Certain imbalances led to acne formation.
If you have a pimple that is already red, I have tips on how to reduce redness of pimples. These tips are easy because you can do it at home and they are as follows:
- Never ever prick or pop or even squeeze your pimple especially with your dirty hands. Doing that will make your pimple from bad to worse. It can lead to scar formation if you will prick it and what’s worst, it is permanent.
- Crush an aspirin and mix it with water. Apply the mixture to the redness. The mixture can lessen the redness and swelling for aspirin has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Apply cold compress on the redness to relieve pain as well as swelling. Do it for about 2 minutes every 30 minute.
- If you are familiar with Visine which is an eye ointment, you can apply it to the redness. Visine reduces the redness on the pimple.
- Toothpaste can be a help in reducing the redness of the pimple. Toothpaste can lessen the swelling and pain you feel especially when the pimple is very big. It has a menthol effect that soothes your skin.
- Apply a cucumber juice on the acne. Leave it for about 15minutes and rinse with water. Cucumber is a good redness reducer especially on skin problems.
- Slice a tomato and gently rub it on the redness.
- If you have a wet tea bag, pat the tea bag on the redness for about 5 minutes to reduce tenderness and inflammation. If you don’t have a tea bag, you can use lemon instead by getting the juice and applying the juice with cotton to the redness.
- Don’t forget to wash your face before you sleep to remove the dirt accumulated during the day. Also, use a cleanser that has salicylic acid and do not use oil based moisturizers. Oil based moisturizers can clog you pores leading to another outbreak.
- Apply benzoyl peroxide before you go to bed to reduce the redness. Also use cleansers that contain benzoyl peroxide. This component can reduce not only the redness but also the pimple.
- Ice can be a help in reducing the swelling by applying it for 2 minutes.
“How to reduce redness of pimples” can take a pretty long time. Forcing it would make the scenario worse. Yes, it is ugly and you want to remove it immediately. It cannot be removed immediately. It takes a lot of time before it heals. It is like an infected wound that heals from time to time with proper care as well as proper regimen.
How To Reduce Redness Of Pimples by Stepfanie Wayne