Each of these quit smoking herbal remedies are usually taken as a capsule or an infusion of tea. The rule of thumb for herbal infusions is a teaspoon of herb per cup of boiling water, steeped in a covered cup for 5 to 15 minutes. The more scent in the herbs to stop smoking, the shorter the steeping time need be.
Please note: You should consult with a fully qualified herbalist, rather than experiment with herbs to stop smoking by yourself if you have no experience with herbalism.
Discover These Quit Smoking Herbal Remedies
The following quit smoking herbal remedies have each been indicated to be useful as herbs to stop smoking.
- Black Cohosh
- Blue Cohosh
- Slippery Elm
- Valerian Root
It has also been claimed that each of these herbs to stop smoking ; Slippery Elm, Skullcap, Hops, and Valerian Root in combination in a tea helps kill the desire to smoke.
More Quit Smoking Herbal Remedies
Here are some more quit smoking herbal remedies which are widely used as herbs to stop smoking by helping to cleanse the body of cigarette chemicals and nicotine.
- Bayberry Root to prevent infections.
- Burdock Root to cleanse your body of nicotine.
- Echinacea to help your body resist nicotine cravings.
- Ginseng as a physical and mental stimulant.
- Golden Seal Root to cleanse the digestive tract.
- Hyssop to cleanse the lungs and relieve congestion.
- Kelp to cleanse the body of toxic heavy metals.
- Passion Flower to relieve tension, anxiety and insomnia.
- Sarsaparilla to help prevent weight gain.