Eating intact grains, beans, and nuts (as opposed to bread, hummus, and nut butters) may have certain advantages for our gut flora and blood sugar control, raising questions about blending fruits and vegetables.
Get the preface for Dr. Greger’s brand-new book, How Not to Diet, by subscribing to his free newsletter at https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
This is part of my five-part video series. If you’re just joining the fun, make sure you go back and check out the first installment: Are Green Smoothies Good for You? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-green-smoothies-good-for-you)
Coming up to settle the issue once and for all (until new science comes out that is :), the upcoming final three are:
• Green Smoothies: What Does the Science Say? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/green-smoothies-what-does-the-science-say)
• Liquid Calories: Do Smoothies Lead to Weight Gain? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/liquid-calories-do-smoothies-lead-to-weight-gain)
• The Downside of Green Smoothies (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-downside-of-green-smoothies)
Frankly the more beans, the better, however you get them:
• Beans and the Second Meal Effect (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/beans-and-the-second-meal-effect/)
• Canned Beans or Cooked Beans? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/canned-beans-or-cooked-beans/)
• Increased Lifespan from Beans (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/increased-lifespan-from-beans/)
• Beans, Beans, They’re Good For Your Heart (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/beans-beans-theyre-good-for-your-heart)
• Cooked Beans or Sprouted Beans? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Cooked-Beans-or-Sprouted-Beans)
What about the phytates though? They’re good for you!
• Phytates for the Prevention of Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/phytates-for-the-prevention-of-cancer/)
• Phytates for Rehabilitating Cancer Cells (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/phytates-for-rehabilitating-cancer-cells/)
• Phytates for the Treatment of Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/phytates-for-the-treatment-of-cancer/)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-green-smoothies-bad-for-you and he’ll try to answer it!
Image Credit: Joanna Slodownik via Flickr.
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/
• Subscribe: http://http://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate