Every Tuesday & Friday I post a journal prompt to help keep you motivated and working on yourself!
JOIN NOW: https://www.youtube.com/katimorton/join Order my book today!
ARE U OK? http://geni.us/sva4iUY
Today I talk about the 7 differences between men and women when it comes to depression. Obviously, everyone will feel different, and nothing is cut and dried but these are just some of the statistical differences that we see between the sexes. I think it’s important to note because women are found to be 2x more likely than men to struggle with depression. So the more we know, hopefully the sooner we can reach out for help.
1. Women tend to feel more sad and worthless. Whereas men tend to feel more irritable and agitated.
2. Women tend to take the negative icky feelings out on themselves. While men, are more likely to lash out at others.
3. Women tend to cope with food and friends. While men tend to cope with TV, sex and alcohol. This really just shows us how both sexes can unhealthfully numb out from their depression when it gets to be too much.
4. Women also tend to get depressed over stressful life events. Men are able to better see that it’s just a situation and it will go away and be okay. Women on the other hand, will ruminate at night and really worry or stress about the situation.
5. Women are much more likely to also struggle with a coexisting eating disorder. Why would that be? Because we tend to cope by using food! If you find yourself using food to numb out from your feelings of depression, please reach out for help. It can get better, but the sooner we get help, the easier recovery will be.
6. Depression is more debilitating to women. I would assume this is because we ruminate and lean on our friends during these hard times. This can lead to us feeling worse and worse and potentially ruin relationships. So please get professional help sooner rather than later!
7. Women reach out more often then men! So men, reach out! Let’s all get help sooner rather than later.
Resources: www.talkspace.com, www.7cupsoftea.com, www.betterhelp.com
PINTEREST http://www.pinterest.com/katimorton1HELP! SUBTITLE VIDEOS http://goo.gl/OZOQXi WE NEED YOUR HELP! Subtitle videos if you know English or any other languages! You can help people who are either hearing impaired or non native English speaking. By doing this, you are helping others and strengthening our community.MY FREE WORKBOOKS
Easy to follow at home workbooks for your mental health
Self-Harm workbook http://goo.gl/N7LtwU
Eating Disorder workbook http://goo.gl/DjOmkC
LGTBQ workbook http://goo.gl/WG8jcZKATIFAQ VIDEOS
Wondering if I have answered a question like yours?
Search for it here: http://goo.gl/1ECSlOMY VIDEO SCHEDULE
Monday – New mental health topic video
Thursday -q&a’s, guests, mental health in the news, etcSENDING KATI STUFF
1223 Wilshire Blvd. #665
Santa Monica, CA 90403 BUSINESS INQUIRIES firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp us caption & translate this video!http://amara.org/v/IC2w/
-~-~~-~~~-~~-~- ****PLEASE READ****
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, please call a local emergency telephone number or go immediately to the nearest emergency room.
- Muscle Building Diet Mistake (EAT BIG | GET BIG!)
- What's really inside your vitamins and supplements | 60 Minutes Australia