Let’s #stayhome together today! This is a chill with Anji vlog that features a cooking demo as I invent a new oil free recipe featuring ingredients I find in my pantry and refrigerator. It’s easy to make but seems kind fancy. I also take you on a dreamy garden walk set to Lovespirals’ music, share some of my thoughts about being in quarantine, and sing a snippet of a new song we’ve been working on. Bodhi keeps trying to steal the spotlight, while JoJo and Suga — and, of course, Ryan — make brief guest appearances.
RECIPE DEMO AT: https://youtu.be/JyaesV-_3vI?t=252
Creamy Portobello Mushroom Pasta
* Packet of pasta (use whole wheat to keep it “whole food.” I had regular shells)
* 2 cups portobello mushrooms, chopped (or baby bella or white mushrooms)
* 1/4 cup water
* 1 tbsp reduced sodium tamari (or soy sauce or liquid aminos)
* 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, diced
* 1 tbsp Italian seasonings
* 2 cups unsweetened plain soymilk (or suitable plant milk)
* 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
* 1 tsp mushroom powder (optional)
* 2 cups baby spinach (if using frozen, defrost and squeeze out excess water)
* 2 tbsp corn starch (or suitable thickener substitute)
* Squirt of lemon juice (optional)
* Pepper or lemon pepper, to taste
* Salt, to taste
1. Follow package instructions to cook pasta.
2. If using dry sundried tomatoes, soak them in 1/3 cup water until rehydrated.
3. In a large non-stick skillet with a lid, add 1/4 cup water, mushrooms, optional mushroom powder, and seasonings, then drizzle with your choice of tamari, soy sauce, or liquid aminos. Cover with lid and allow to cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
4. Add sundried tomatoes (with soaking water), soymilk (or substitute plant milk), and nutritional yeast. If using jarred sundried tomatoes, you can add 1/3 cups water or soymilk. Stir and allow to cook another 5 minutes.
5. Add cornstarch into liquid mixture and stir thoroughly. Add spinach and optional lemon juice, cover with lid and allow to cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
6. Stir wilted spinach into sauce mixture. If the sauce seems too thick, add additional soymilk to create your preferred texture.
7. It’s up to you if you prefer to serve the sauce dolloped over the cooked pasta on individual plates or you’d rather stir the sauce into the pasta before serving!
8. Top with pepper and/or salt, to taste.
Get my oil free, whole food, plant based, 99% gluten free cookbook, ‘Keep It Carbed, Baby!’ in ebook format for just $6.50 (half off the list price) via our website to help you come up with affordable and easy to make meals focusing on pantry staples.
🍌 🍓 🍑 🌽 🍚 🍞
Featured in this video was “It’s Alright” by Lovespirals from ‘Life Goes On’ and
“City Moon (Instrumental Mix)” by Love Spirals Downwards
Buy digital downloads or CDs from http://lovespirals.bandcamp.com
Stream more music from Anji Bee, Lovespirals or Love Spirals Downwards on Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, Google Play, TIDAL, or Pandora.
🎶 👩🎤 🎸 🎹 🎧
Support the channel with a Happy Healthy Vegan tee or tank — or Anji’s Keep It Carbed, Baby! cookbook in print or ebook format — at http://shop.happyhealthyvegan.org
👕 👚 📚 📦 📬
PO Box 391 • Seal Beach, CA • 90740 • USA
🛍 🎁 📦💓💸
This video is not sponsored, as in made-for-pay, but may include some items given to me gratis for possible review purposes. I make videos featuring vegan products for the joy of sharing vegan friendly items with my viewers.