Does Healthcare Coverage Lead to Increased Immigration?
Combining immigration and healthcare leads to an uproar of opinions, with data often taking a backseat. In light of this we’re focusing on the results of a new study this week examining whether offering healthcare coverage affects rates of immigration.
Link to study: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapediatrics/fullarticle/10.1001/jamapediatrics.2019.4241?guestAccessKey=0118c88b-c63f-4e86-89fe-33b161c70582
Link to editorial: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapediatrics/fullarticle/10.1001/jamapediatrics.2019.4247?guestAccessKey=addf5805-2105-44c5-b0e9-b17eb1a16621
Related HCT episodes:
1. The US Health Care System Needs Immigrants: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV6lNmo7aV0
Be sure to check out our podcast!
Other Healthcare Triage Links:
1. Support the channel on Patreon: http://vid.io/xqXr
2. Check out our Facebook page: http://goo.gl/LnOq5z
3. We still have merchandise available at http://www.hctmerch.com
4. Aaron’s book “The Bad Food Bible: How and Why to Eat Sinfully” is available wherever books are sold, such as Amazon: http://amzn.to/2hGvhKw
Aaron Carroll — Host, Writer
Meredith Danko – Social Media
Tiffany Doherty – Writer
John Green — Executive Producer
Stan Muller — Director, Producer
Mark Olsen – Art Director, Producer