Lentils are the best! One of the cheapest and healthiest foods out there, packed with protein, zinc, iron and antioxidants. If you aren’t eating them, you will be after this video! Check down below for a free lentil recipe from my Ebook Easy Vegan Muscle Meals. How do you like to eat lentils? #lentils #simnettnutrition #veganism
One Pot Red Lentil Curry
• 1 package (450g) of split red lentils, rinsed and drained (no soaking needed)
• 1 tbsp red curry paste
• 1/2 diced onion
• 4 large carrots, chopped
• 1/2 head of cauliflower, chopped • 1-2 cups frozen peas
• 1 red bell pepper, chopped
• Chopped cilantro (optional)
1. Place lentils in a large pot and add red curry paste, chopped carrots and cauliflower and onion. Add water to cover and place on medium high heat.
2. Allow to boil and reduce to medium heat. Cook for approx 10-15 minutes. Periodically check and stir pot to make sure everything is cooking evenly. The lentils are cooked when soft.
3. Reduce heat to simmer and add the frozen peas, chopped bell pepper and cilantro.
4. Turn off heat when there is no water left in the pot and serve!
You can also add in other vegetables or substitute in other vegetables you have on hand (for example: mushrooms, broccoli, zucchini, frozen corn). Leftovers are best kept in fridge in an airtight container for 4-5 days.