10 Health Benefits Of Peppermint Oil Uses
1. Since peppermint oil is antiseptic in nature, when it is massaged on the scalp it helps to remove dandruff and head lice in addition to its usual soothing, cooling and tingling effect.
2. For a refreshing relief from headaches and migraine headaches, inhale the pungent scent with a few drops of the oil sprinkled onto a handkerchief or dabbed on your wrists.
3. When regularly applied to your face, peppermint oil will keep pimples away making clear, blemish free, healthy skin.
4. To relieve that stuffed up head feeling from nasal congestion due to a cold, simply rub some soothing peppermint oil on the chest or add a few drops to a vaporizer and breathe easy again.
5. You can get rid of toothaches and bad breath when adding a couple drops of the oil to your toothpaste, or mix with water and use as a gargle. Peppermint oil uses as a gargle are also known to benefit the treatment of gum disease.
6. The menthol properties will help to clear the respiratory tract. Acting as an expectorant it provides relief during a nasty bout of coughs and colds, along with more serious asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, sinusitis, and tuberculosis. Peppermint essential oil has also been used for vertigo and fainting spells.
7. Make a nice little after dinner concoction and use it for indigestion by adding a few drops in a glass of warm water and drinking it after your meal. Peppermint oil helps to ease bowel spasms, dispel gas, cholera, irritable bowel syndrome, colic, morning sickness, diarrhea and nausea. As well as being the best antidote around for an upset stomach.
8. The soothing, cooling properties of peppermint essential oil benefit by removing muscle pain. It has also been used to treat rheumatism, aching feet, menstrual pain, and neuralgia. Just mix with carrier oil and rub it on those sore spots.
9. Many skin problems such as inflammation, itchiness, scabies, dermatitis, ringworm, and even sunburn can be helped with an easy oil treatment as well.
10. The oil is also used topically to treat stress. At the end of a particularly grueling, long and tiring day, treat yourself to a nice soak in the bathtub or take a shower after applying some drops of peppermint oil to your body. The energized results are due to the refreshing properties of the oil.
And there you have it, peppermint oil uses and 10 ways your health can benefit.
10 Health Benefits Of Peppermint Oil Uses by Carla R Mueller