If you’re reading this, chances are you are a very frustrated acne sufferer (or knows a loved one who is) and you’re critically in search of ways on how to get rid of acne naturally – minus the expensive treatments. Forget all those exceedingly pricey cleansers and creams: aside from containing alcohol and other harsh chemicals which always aggravates an acne breakout, they’re not custom-made for all acne sufferers.
All hope is not lost, though. Here are all-natural, easy-to-make concoctions that you can create right in your home in order to zap those stubborn acne the natural and safe way:
1. Lemon Juice – Lemon juice works wonders in lessening the inflammation of the acne and treating acne without leaving scars. You can opt to mix either rose water or aloe vera with lemon juice, and apply the mixture on a clean face. Rinse with cold water after 30 minutes.
2. Honey – Honey is a powerful natural healing solution. It targets your current breakouts and permanently heals those stubborn zits that keep on popping on the same place again and again (they’re not thoroughly healed yet, hence the regular recurrence). For this natural treatment, heat honey inside the microwave for about 10 seconds, then apply it on your face. Two reminders, though: (1) make sure your hands are clean and (2) do not put very hot honey on your face. Leave the honey on for approximately 15 minutes, after which you rinse your face with warm water. For better results, seal your pores by splashing cold water on your face as the final step.
3. Egg Face Mask – You might have heard of this before but chose to ignore it because it may be seemingly absurd. The truth is, it actually works. Break an egg and separate the white from the yellow portions. Get the white liquid and apply it evenly all over your face using clean hands. Leave it on for at 15 to 30 minutes (do not leave it on overnight, as it will cause severe drying of the skin). Then, rinse thoroughly with warm water. Many acne sufferers have sworn by the very good results of this simple treatment such as pore size reduction, reduced acne, firm skin, blackhead/whitehead removal, among others, so this mask is highly recommended. You can get an ice cube and gently massage it all over your face after rinsing off the egg to further intensify skin firming and pore tightening but then again, you may skip this last step as the egg mask is more than enough for our purposes.
4. Crushed strawberry leaves – If your acne blemishes and pimples feel itchy and swollen, crush a couple of strawberry leaves and gently massage it on your skin. Strawberry leaves soothe acne swelling and significantly delivers.
5. Ice cube + toothpaste = If you’re seriously in a hurry to reduce the size of your humongous pimples, try this quick acne solution: Rub an ice cube wrapped in cloth on the area of your face with acne. Do this for about 15 minutes. Finish off by squeezing a pea-sized amount of toothpaste and applying this on each swollen pimple. Leave the toothpaste overnight, and rinse the next morning.
Having acne doesn’t mean that chemical treatments are the only hope. With these tips on how to get rid of acne naturally, treating those stubborn acne need not be stressful and complicated. Just peek inside your fridge or cupboard, chances are that you may already have some of the natural ingredients to get rid of your acne.