Many of us are left with scars on our body due to some hurt or injury. Scars can result from a pimple, acne, burn or cut. Many of us have chickenpox and measles scars on our body. Too much exposure to the sun also causes scars in some people. Wounds and sores can also leave a scar behind.
Scar may be defined as the mark left on skin after the skin has been damaged. As a natural process the skin tries to heal itself. In order to repair itself, the skin produces a new tissue which results in a scar. If many layers of the skin are damaged, the scar will be deeper and more visible. The lighter scars may fade away with time. The intensity of the scar depends on the intensity of the cause (wound, burn, etc).
Scars which are visible and on obvious parts of the body can affect a person’s self esteem and confidence. Scars cannot be removed completely or permanently, but can be lightened. The type of scar and the color of the skin make a difference too. There are options available like laser treatment, surgery or skin grafting for deep scars. But if the scar is not too intense, some home remedies can be tried to make it lighter over a period of time.
Home remedies are simple and economical. Some of the home remedies for scars are the following.
1. Lemon: Lemon juice is known as natural bleach. As bleach lightens the color so does the juice of lemon. The juice of lemon can be squeezed out and applied on the scars. If done regularly, eventually the scars will lighten.
2. Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is helps skin problems. The Aloe Vera leaf can be broken and the aloe juice taken out. This juice can be applied directly on the scar marks.
3. Honey: Apply honey directly on the scars. Do this regularly.
4. Lavender Oil: Dab few drops of lavender oil on the scars with help of cotton wool.
5. Tea tree Oil: This is also effective if rubbed on the scars.
6. Vitamin E: Vitamin E is vital for healthy skin.
7. Almond Oil: Almond Oil can be massaged onto the scars regularly.
8. Olive Oil: Olive oil is also beneficial for scars.
9. Coconut Oil: Coconut oil aids in lightening of the scars if applied regularly.
10. Cucumber: Cucumber juice can be massaged on the scars.
11. Tomato: Tomato juice can be applied on the scars or simply cut the tomato and gently rub the slice over the scars.
Try not to squeeze the pimples or scratch them, so that they don’t leave marks behind. For a healthy skin drink lots of water and exercise regularly. This will improve your blood circulation and help the body to heal better. Follow a healthy diet. Eat lots of green leafy vegetables and avoid junk food.
11 Effective Home Remedies for Scars by Dr Easton Patrick