Whilst a herbal acne remedy or herbal acne treatment may work for some people, these herbal acne skin care tips are compiled here for information only.
Following a proper skin care routine using clinically proven acne products will most likely be a more effective remedy for acne than using the following herbal acne recipes and tips.
Herbal Acne Remedy for Healthy Skin Care
Use 2-3 tsp. dried basil leaves to 1 cup boiling water. Steep 10-20 minutes. Cool, and apply with cotton ball.
Nettle Tea is another herbal acne remedy. Nettle tea is a powerful detoxifier and really can work wonders on skin problems. Drink four cups a day to get the full benefit of one of the more powerful herbal acne remedies.
Some popular herbs for acne treatment are:
- Burdock leaf tea.
- Lavender essential oil (mix 1:10 with water)
- Tincture of calendula flowers.
- Tea tree essential oil (mix 1:10 with water)
- Liquefy cabbage leaves with witch hazel, strain and add two drops of lemon oil. Use as a lotion.
- Application of fresh mint juice over face every night cures pimples and prevents dryness of the skin.
- A couple of garlic cloves, crushed and dabbed on the face 1-2 times a day. A smelly herbal acne treatment!
- Garlic may also help if you eat 2-3 cloves of raw garlic everyday! Or supplement with top quality standardized garlic capsules and avoid the smell.
- Aloe Vera juice applied twice a day can greatly speed up the healing of acne lesions.
- Mix mint juice with turmeric powder and apply on affected area. Leave this herbal acne remedy on for 15-30 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.
- Here’s an eastern herbal remedy for acne : Mix the paste of tender neem leaves with turmeric and apply this herbal acne treatment to the affected area.
- This herbal acne recipe contains equal parts of sarsaparilla root, nettle leaf, barberry root bark, echinacea root, cleavers herb plus saw palmetto berries for young men and agnus castus berries for young women.
- Place strawberry leaves on the acne, the alkalinity of this herbal acne skin care tip helps to reduce the swelling.