An effective acne skin care regime is straightforward for mild to moderate acne. The two factors for effective conventional skin care for acne are a proper morning annd evening skin cleansing routine and correct use of benzoyl peroxide cream.
Benzoyl Peroxide Cream
Since dirt does not cause acne, your skin cleansing routine is purely for preparing your skin for the benzoyl peroxide cream. Benzoyl peroxide treatment has been long established as the most effective conventional skin care medication for mild to moderate acne.
Acne skin care with benzoyl peroxide cream kills acne bacteria better than anything else and, unlike antibiotics, acne bacteria can’t develop resistance to it. However, acne treatment using benzoyl peroxide often causes uncomfortable dryness or peeling of the skin. Therefore, some form of moisturizer is necessary to alleviate such side effects of benzoyl peroxide treatment.
Morning Acne Skin Care Routine
- Shave… Gently splash warm water over your beard. Use a ‘non-comedogenic’ (does not block hair follicles promoting the formation of blemishes), dermatologist recommended cleansing bar to create a thick lather.
- Massage the lather gently into your beard. Use the best razor for sensitive skin, Gillette SensorExcel, and carefully shave with the grain of your stubble. Rinse with cool water and gently pat dry.
- Wash… Splash or run warm water over other affected areas. Lather up your cleansing bar again and gently wash these areas. Don’t use a washcloth; just use your bare hands to wash. Rinse with cool water and gently pat dry.
- Treat… Give your skin a few minutes to dry properly. Using clean dry fingers, gently cover each entire affected area (not just the pimples) with a thin layer of benzoyl peroxide cream.
- Moisturize… Wait a few minutes for the cream to dry. Gently apply an oil-free, non-comedogenic, dermatologist recommended moisturizer to treated areas. Benzoyl peroxide treatment may cause uncomfortable dryness or peeling, so make sure that you always moisturize afterwards.
Evening Acne Skin Care Routine
- Wash… Splash or run warm water over affected areas. Lather up your cleansing bar again and gently wash these areas just using your bare hands. Rinse with cool water and gently pat dry.
- Treat… Wait for your skin to dry thoroughly. Using clean dry fingers, gently cover each entire affected area (not just the pimples) with a thin layer of benzoyl peroxide cream. NB. If this is your first time using this cream, it might be more comfortable for you to just use it mornings only for the first week or so of your acne skin care routine.
- Moisturize… Wait for the cream to dry. Gently apply moisturizer to treated areas. Even if you don’t treat your skin, moisturize anyway.
- After exercise just follow the evening acne skin care routine.