Stop Craving, Start Saving.
The Habitrol Nicotine Transdermal System Patch is a nicotine transdermal system skin patch containing nicotine, the addictive agent in cigarettes and other tobacco products. Habitrol Nicotine Transdermal System Patch use time released technology for sustained delivery of nicotine for effective, long lasting, craving reduction. When you wear the patch, it gradually releases nicotine into your bloodstream through the skin. The Habitrol Nicotine Transdermal System Patch works by replacing some of the nicotine which your body has become accustomed to from smoking, reducing the nicotine withdrawal symptoms many people normally feel when they stop smoking. Your own chances of quitting depend on how strongly you are addicted to nicotine, how motivated you are to quit smoking, and how closely you follow a quit program plan.
Understanding How Nicotine Addition Affects Your Mind and Body
As you know, smoking cigarettes is addictive. Your brain and body get used to functioning with a certain level of nicotine when you are smoking. Within a few hours of your last cigarette, your nicotine level drops dramatically, resulting in withdrawal symptoms for most smokers.
Common nicotine withdrawal symptoms include intense cravings for nicotine, irritability, anxiety, depression, restlessness, difficulty concentrating, difficulty sleeping and increased appetite. Physical withdrawal symptoms usually peak within 24 to 72 hours after your last cigarette, then decline over the next several weeks. Some smokers, however, may experience nicotine withdrawal symptoms for several months. Staying on Habitrol Nicotine Transdermal System Patch for the full 8 weeks can reduce the withdrawal symptoms and cravings you experience and help you quit smoking.
It’s Never Too Late to Stop Smoking
Most of us recognize the risks of smoking, such as cancer, heart disease and emphysema. We also know that second-hand smoke can harm the people around us. But you may not be aware of the many immediate and long-term benefits of quitting smoking, even if you have smoked for a long time. You can begin to see benefits in the first days and months after quitting smoking.
Great Reasons to Quit Smoking
- Breathing may get easier
- Food tastes better
- Sense of smell improves
- Walking and exercise may become easier
- Reduce the exposure of second hand smoke to your friends and family
- You can save Up to $2,000 Per Year*
Whether you’re 34 or 84, your body can begin to cleanse itself and start to repair the damage done by years of smoking.
How to Use the Habitrol Nicotine Transdermal System Patch
Great! You’ve made the decision to quit smoking. Now, choose the right Habitrol Nicotine Transdermal System Patch dosing for you based on how much you currently smoke. There are two different starting levels that can help you stop smoking in 8 weeks:
It is important that you read the Habitrol Nicotine Transdermal System Patch instructions and are well-prepared to give up smoking before beginning the patch program. Completing the full program will increase your chances of quitting successfully. Lowering your nicotine patch dosing over 8 weeks will help you overcome physical cravings for nicotine.
If you smoke more than 10 cigarettes per day, begin with Step 1.
If you smoke less than 10 cigarettes per day, begin with Step 2.
By placing a nicotine patch on your skin, you are NOT inhaling the harmful tars, toxins and chemicals found in cigarettes. These are the most dangerous parts of cigarettes. As an added bonus, because you’re not smoking while wearing the patch, there’s no second-hand smoke or odors to affect your family and friends.
You should wear the patch 24 hours a day. This may help overcome your morning cravings for nicotine. However, if you have vivid dreams or other sleep disturbances, you may remove the patch at bedtime and apply a new patch the following morning. The patch should be applied at approximately the same time each day, to a different area of the skin. Do not leave the patch on for more than 24 hours as it may irritate your skin and loses strength after 24 hours.
It is important to complete the 8-week patch program. The FDA recently stated that using a smoking cessation product for longer than 8 weeks in order to quit is safe to do so in most cases. If you feel you need to use the patch for longer than 8 weeks in order to stop smoking, talk to your health care provider. Before using this product, read the enclosed self-help guide for complete instructions.
10 Tips to Help Successfully Quit Smoking
- Tape a list of your reasons for quitting on a mirror. Go over them daily.
- Tell one or two friends and your family. Ask for specific help that you think you will need from each of them.
- Know your triggers and practice your coping strategies.
- Change your routines that involve smoking. For example, don’t sit in your “smoking chair.”
- Know you can save up to $2,000 per year by not smoking.* Plan how you will spend all that money.
- Freshen up your environment. On the day before your quit day, clean your clothes, car and any rooms where you spent a lot of time smoking.
- Throw away any remaining cigarettes, ashtrays and lighters the night before your quit day.
- Have plenty of low-calorie snacks available.
- Use the patch as directed.
*Based on the average cost of one pack per day
You may have health questions about using the Habitrol Nicotine Transdermal System Patch. If you do, speak to your doctor about your medical history and your current state of health, including any medications you are taking. Ask your doctor before use if you:
- Are under 18 years of age.
- Have heart disease or an irregular heartbeat, or if you had a recent heart attack. Nicotine can increase your heart rate.
- Have high blood pressure not controlled with medication. Nicotine can increase blood pressure.
- Are allergic to any adhesives or patch ingredients or have skin problems, because you are more likely to get rashes.
- Are using a non-nicotine stop smoking drug.
- Take prescription medicine for depression or asthma. Your prescription dose may need to be adjusted.
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, only use this medicine on the advice of your healthcare provider. Smoking can seriously harm your child. Try to stop smoking without using any nicotine replacement medicine. This medicine is believed to be safer than smoking. However, the risks to your child from this medicine are not fully known.
Stop and ask a doctor if:
- Skin redness caused by the patch does not go away after four days, or if your skin swells, or you get a rash.
- Irregular heartbeat or palpitations occur
- You get symptoms of nicotine overdose, such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, weakness and rapid heartbeat.
Delivered over 24 hours
Includes behavior support program with self-help guide
The patch combined with the new Smoke-Free Support Program is a powerful way to help you quit smoking for good
Buy now… $23.97
Source: Nicotine Trans Patch Smoking Cessation, Step 2, 14 Mg