The simple reason most people do not know how to quit smoking is because they have all these excuses and reasons why they can not quit. But if you are prepared to get rid of those limiting smoking beliefs for good you will have a very poor chance of quitting smoking.
Lets examine a few of the most popular useless smoking beliefs.
1. I need to smoke when I'm bored. Boredom is a kind of stress, non smokers have to contend with this all the time. Cigarettes never ever solve boredom.
2. I need to smoke in order to think. Blasting your brain with 4000 toxic chemicals can not help you to think, its stopping for a few minutes to relax that helps you.
3. I need to smoke to relax. Smoking causes an adrenalin release, This is more likely to cause anxiety not relaxation.
4. It's harder to quit smoking than to quit heroin. It's just an urban myth, did you hear of anyone going in to rehab to quit smoking? Have you seen someone lying in the foetal position in a pool of their own vomit when trying to quit smoking!
It takes many attempts to quit cigarettes. Rubbish, its only the pharmaceutical companies who tell you that because they want you to fail. Plus well meaning government departments who promote these same drugs. Do not believe it for a second, with advanced hypnosis most people will quit in under 90 minutes.
5. Smoking is my friend. Yes it may be a friend but its a terrible friend who steels your money, steels your time and ultimately steels your life.
6. Smoking helps me when I'm stressed. Again nicotine causes a release of adrenalin and cortisone, these are stress hormones, not anti stress hormones. Your stress will always be made worse by smoking.
7. But I'm addicted, I can not quit. In our experience only about 5% of smokers are strongly addicted to nicotine. The majority are strongly habitually addicted to the act of smoking, these habits are easily broken with hypnosis.
8. I do not have any will power. In fact you have amazing willpower, every day you eat sleep bathe work etc, but willpower alone will not break the smoking habit. It has to be done via the sub conscious.
Unless you are prepared to set aside all the useless smoking excuses you are doomed to continue smoking. But if you do change your thinking you will be instantly primed to easily and successfully quit smoking.